Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Dell mini 10v and rocket dock- Good idea? - 12-30-2009, 08:16 PM

Im getting my Dell Mini 10V next tuesday, and as I dont like the dell dock (im not sure if it comes pre installed) I will promptly delete it. However I have been doing some research into Rocket Dock and really like it, im just wondering if its a good idea to install it and want to know if it will cause any slowdowns. Thanks
(Im getting the 1GB ram, 160GB hard drive, 1.6Ghz)
  (#2) Old

Default 12-30-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meziathol View Post
Im getting my Dell Mini 10V next tuesday, and as I dont like the dell dock (im not sure if it comes pre installed) I will promptly delete it. However I have been doing some research into Rocket Dock and really like it, im just wondering if its a good idea to install it and want to know if it will cause any slowdowns. Thanks
(Im getting the 1GB ram, 160GB hard drive, 1.6Ghz)
My 10v's configuration is pretty similar to yours and I haven't noticed any slowdowns while running RocketDock. My guess is that you will be fine running it on your 10v as well.
  (#3) Old

Default 12-30-2009, 08:53 PM

Thanks alot
  (#4) Old

Default 12-31-2009, 08:42 AM

I can see that when Dock is inactive, it uses 5~6% CPU Usage, and when I use it, it jumps to around 20~30%. Anyway, when CPU is hard working, it is 0%
  (#5) Old

Default 12-31-2009, 03:43 PM

Just out of curiosity, does the dell dock come preinstalled?
  (#6) Old

Default 01-01-2010, 08:06 AM

It came preinstalled on my Mini 10 along with plenty other dell crapware. Unless you want to spend about a day cleaning off whatever comes on your machine, It might just be easier to reinstall windows as soon as you open your box

Green Dell Mini 10, 1024x600 screen, Windows XP
  (#7) Old

Default 01-01-2010, 08:53 PM

Dell Dock wasn't pre-installed on my 10v, but it came from the Outlet, which might make a difference.
  (#8) Old

Default 01-02-2010, 01:16 AM

Dell Dock came on my new 10v. After converting it to a triple boot the day after I received it, I didn't see the dock. I searched Google thinking it was part of Windows 7 (I hadn't used the netbook more than an hour or so before wiping the drive and had read an article a long time ago about making Windows XP more like 7... One of the steps was installing RocketDock). I finally figured out that it was a Dell program and reinstalled it. I like the Dell Dock.

« Home icon and Help icon changes | confused.com »