Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Send a message via AIM to ssthormess Send a message via MSN to ssthormess Send a message via Yahoo to ssthormess Send a message via Skype™ to ssthormess
Default Christmas Gift - 12-26-2009, 12:41 AM

Hey,

I have received a Dell Mini 10 from my Sister as a Christmas Gift, so, i have researched and, i can't upgrade RAM, OK.

I'm OK with 1GB RAM because in my workstation i have 4GB, and i use mail, browser, instant messenging and something more with ~700MB on the workstation, so i think it will be nice.

I know how to install Windows 7 on it, and i will do that, but i don't know how i can install a 3G wireless card, or what card i must buy, and, if can i have 3G+GPS in one card?, hmm, what about the TV Tuner?.

Also, if you have another tip or recommendation for upgrade, tell me. :P

That's the reason for opening this thread.
Thanks everyone and have a Great Holiday.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 12-26-2009, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssthormess View Post
Hey,

I have received a Dell Mini 10 from my Sister as a Christmas Gift, so, i have researched and, i can't upgrade RAM, OK.

I'm OK with 1GB RAM because in my workstation i have 4GB, and i use mail, browser, instant messenging and something more with ~700MB on the workstation, so i think it will be nice.

I know how to install Windows 7 on it, and i will do that, but i don't know how i can install a 3G wireless card, or what card i must buy, and, if can i have 3G+GPS in one card?, hmm, what about the TV Tuner?.

Also, if you have another tip or recommendation for upgrade, tell me. :P

That's the reason for opening this thread.
Thanks everyone and have a Great Holiday.
Congrats on your gift, and Welcome to the forum......

I would try to do a search and check on the 3g cards, I am not sure if you can have the 3G and a TV tuner as where they might use the same slot...not sure but I am sure someone will come along and either correct me or agree....but anyway congrats and enjoy your Mini..

PS..try this utility for installing Win7 from USB it works great over 400 people have downloaded it and used it..the less you use MS stuff the better off you are..

Link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/28550814...0-2-3.exe.html

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#3) Old

Send a message via AIM to atm153 Send a message via Skype™ to atm153
Default 12-26-2009, 10:39 PM

I'd actually go with the official Microsoft tool myself, but that's just me.
http://images2.store.microsoft.com/p...B-DVD-tool.exe
  (#4) Old

Send a message via AIM to ssthormess Send a message via MSN to ssthormess Send a message via Yahoo to ssthormess Send a message via Skype™ to ssthormess
Default 12-27-2009, 05:20 AM

Hey, thanks everyone. I have sucesfully installed Windows 7 Ultimate from a SD Card that i have for this purpose, now i'm installing drivers, but i'm writing this with the Mini, and i love this netbook, i have used the Mini 9, the Lenovo S10, the Acer Aspire One, and, i like this.

So, can i have 3G only? 3G + GPS?. Also, the drivers from Dell Website are fine for working on Windows 7 or there is a better drivers?, from where i can download the software that Dell includes in the netbook? (specifically the Webcam Software).

I'm listening any suggestions.
And, thanks again, everyone.

Tags
christmas, mini10, upgrades

« Ubuntu Netbook Remix Installation | HELP!! Napster 1 year »