Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default SSDs - 12-17-2008, 05:22 PM

Is there anything special about the Run Care SSDs or will any PCI-e SSD work in the Mini 9?

Thanks!
  (#2) Old

Default Re: SSDs - 12-17-2008, 06:00 PM

The RunCore SSDs are specifically made for the Mini 9 (although I'm sure they've made some for other netbooks too), and are smaller in size than ones made for Asus Eee PCs etc. Also, the RunCore SSDs have better read/write speeds than the older drives sold by MyDigitalDiscount (which I believe they've removed from their shelves).
  (#3) Old
Administrator

Default Re: SSDs - 12-17-2008, 06:30 PM

In addition to the size issue, the Dell uses drives with an IDE (PATA) interface and the Asus uses SATA. I don't think the Dell will recognize a SATA drive in the slot.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#4) Old

Default Re: SSDs - 12-17-2008, 10:24 PM

Yeah, heard that too. Don't know if that's quite right though since some of the Eees have two SSDs--an SLC (fast) one for the OS to boot from, and an MLC (slower, bigger) one to store all your media on. Apparently the Dell Mini 9 compatible PCIe SSDs will work in the first slot. So I assume the SLC slot is PATA on those models...

Dell Mini 9:Black:GelaSkin by Daim:32GB RunCore SSD:2GB RAM:Bluetoothell 1505 b/g/n

« Linux>XP | Posting photos »