Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old

Default 12-16-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Merc View Post
@ Aerax - wuzzat? Tech specs on those machines? Downloadable? Not just posted online in plain English?
Yeah, what's in that download, is not anything you can download off of the dell site.

Its much more detailed in specs on those systems (than what dell provides online to end users), as well as all the possible parts that you can get for each one.

Dell ProSupport Technician 2004-Present
  (#12) Old

Default 12-16-2009, 12:52 PM

By the way, those .xps files I unrar'd are unreadable. MS Office won't open them, and I don't have another program to read them with.
  (#13) Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-16-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Merc View Post
By the way, those .xps files I unrar'd are unreadable. MS Office won't open them, and I don't have another program to read them with.
This page might help you: View and Generate XPS

It was the first line on a Google search!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#14) Old

Default 12-16-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montala View Post
This page might help you: View and Generate XPS

It was the first line on a Google search!
Of course I need Windows to do that. :P

I'll find something for mac. If I can't, no big deal, you guys have helped me decide: I'm grabbing a 10v, either tonight or tomorrow night.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Alright, it has been decided. I'll be picking up a 10v tonight or tomorrow night, and then Hackintoshing 10.5 onto it. Should be pretty awesome.

Thank you all for your help making the decisions.

If anybody wants to grab that data in my first post and put it in a larger feature matrix for including more than just the Dell Minis, feel free.

Thanks again!

I'll be around, lurking, and asking questions when stuff people have already written isn't enough.

Best Regards,

Dash

[EDIT]
And thank you Aerax for the specs and stuff. I'll figure out how to open them later. Right now, I'm getting back to work. :P
[/EDIT]
  (#15) Old

Default 12-16-2009, 09:24 PM

Here's an XPS viewer for the Macintosh platform:

NiXPS: XPS Viewer for Mac

Dell ProSupport Technician 2004-Present
  (#16) Old

Default 12-18-2009, 02:54 PM

I picked up the 10v last night. It's pretty neat. It is very lightweight, but it doesn't feel cheap. The keyboard's not too bad to get used to, but there's something weird about typing on it. The touchpad is very awkward, though. It likes to jump around.

It's speedy enough, and it can do what my partner needs it to do right out of the box, so I went ahead and gave it to her early, so she has something to take with her on her last day of the semester at school (though she probably should just read books at the bookstore like she normally does, rather than have a portable internet device to distract her from such more-intelligent non-brain-melting ventures :P ).

I'm heading to the Apple Store to pick up a copy of Snow Leopard tonight. I'm going to a certified reseller for something else, so I might pick it up there instead (if the price is the same) and save myself the extra driving. I'm getting pretty excited about this. I'm not sure if I should do the install this weekend, or bring it into work and go over it with the system administrator here (we're friends, and he's a mac geek too...plus there's plenty of down-time since all our clients are on winter break).

I will find it very difficult to suppress my usual reaction to things like this being in the house (toys -- must play with them), at risk of annoying the crap out of my partner otherwise. XD
  (#17) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 12-18-2009, 03:14 PM

Good Luck with your new toy..........

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case

« i want mac os but.... | Bios »