Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default All I Want for Xmas is ..... a MINI 9! - 12-15-2008, 04:58 PM

Finally managed to convince the g/f that a mini 9 was required and put the order in last night with Dell. Also ordered the Black Leather Carry Case from Carry Mobile.

Hopefully they will be here in time for Christmas.

Just wanted to say I have enjoyed reading the forums and have learnt a lot from them.

Can’t wait to get my hands on mine.
  (#2) Old

Default Re: All I Want for Xmas is ..... a MINI 9! - 12-15-2008, 05:38 PM

Glad to hear you were successful, GF's can be tough to convince!

Now the hard part, the wait!
  (#3) Old

Default Re: All I Want for Xmas is ..... a MINI 9! - 12-15-2008, 05:41 PM

No kidding, I ordered mine early last week and I am about to go crazy waiting for it. I have everything else all set up and ready to go for when it arrives. I have my Type11 boot disc burned and a copy of Leopard ready to go. It shipped very quickly.
  (#4) Old

Default Re: All I Want for Xmas is ..... a MINI 9! - 12-16-2008, 01:44 AM

I hear ya, already have a 2G RAM ordered, case in hand & tons of ideas for Ubuntu. Mini scheduled to ship tomorrow and my RAM has already shipped and should be here Thur or Friday. 2 Day shipping should put the mini here Thur, although I have heard rumors of low stock on keyboards causing delays
  (#5) Old

Default Re: All I Want for Xmas is ..... a MINI 9! - 12-16-2008, 04:22 AM

Kind of funny ... I had given up hope for my mini to come today but at 9:00 P.M. the fed ex guy stopped and dropped off my mini. It sure did surpise me but I am typing this from the mini now. I really like it so far.
  (#6) Old

Default Re: All I Want for Xmas is ..... a MINI 9! - 12-16-2008, 05:34 AM

Nice! What are the specs of yours?
  (#7) Old

Default Re: All I Want for Xmas is ..... a MINI 9! - 12-16-2008, 05:39 AM

I got a refurbed mini with the 20% discount. I ordered 2GB of ram which I put in right away after I new it was working. It only has an 8GB hard drive but I didn`t care about that because I placed an order for one of the new Runcore SSDs. It has the 1.3 mp webcam and blue tooth. I am going to put leopard on it when I get my new hard drive. I turned compression off and it is quite a nice little machine so far. Just reading about flashing the bios. Hmmm I might wait a little while before I do that. :roll:

Thanks for asking about it.
  (#8) Old
Guru

Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: All I Want for Xmas is ..... a MINI 9! - 12-16-2008, 05:44 AM

Yeah, don't flash the BIOS in Windows, do it from Dos. Far more likely to actually work..

Come to the dark side, OS X is a dream on these machines.

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#9) Old

Default Re: All I Want for Xmas is ..... a MINI 9! - 12-16-2008, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minifun
I got a refurbed mini with the 20% discount. I ordered 2GB of ram which I put in right away after I new it was working. It only has an 8GB hard drive but I didn`t care about that because I placed an order for one of the new Runcore SSDs. It has the 1.3 mp webcam and blue tooth. I am going to put leopard on it when I get my new hard drive. I turned compression off and it is quite a nice little machine so far. Just reading about flashing the bios. Hmmm I might wait a little while before I do that. :roll:

Thanks for asking about it.
I already ordered the 2G RAM(Shipped today) but I got the 8g SSHD. I know I would upgrade, but I plan to let prices level out a bit. With that in mind I will be using the 8G SSHD for a couple months atleast. What are your thoughts on the speed.
Sounds like a nice set up and a good deal ya got, glad to see you are happy with it
  (#10) Old

Default Re: All I Want for Xmas is ..... a MINI 9! - 12-16-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
I already ordered the 2G RAM(Shipped today) but I got the 8g SSHD. I know I would upgrade, but I plan to let prices level out a bit. With that in mind I will be using the 8G SSHD for a couple months atleast. What are your thoughts on the speed.
Sounds like a nice set up and a good deal ya got, glad to see you are happy with it
The speed is great and better than I was hoping for. I did notice that every once in a while it kind of pauses for a second or two and I am pretty sure I read that was from the STEC SSD but I am not sure (time to read some more forums - although I might just wait for my Runcore to get here and see if goes away). It doesn`t do it all that often. One thing that I might upgrade sooner than later is to get the international keyboard. I don`t mind this one except for a few of the keys like the " ' " keys. I thought that I read that those are better on the different keyboard but I will have to go look at the picture of it again after I have typed on this one for a little while. Otherwise I can cruise along pretty well on this keyboard.

« what's this? from AT&T | Linux>XP »