Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default T-Mobile UK on Dell Mini 910 - 11-14-2009, 04:22 PM

Hi,
I have already posted this on the 3g Broadband section but have not received a reply so I thought I would try here.
I have a Dell Inspiron Mini 910 with Intergrated 3G (From Vodafone - 5530 Modem) and a T-Mobile UK Broadband SIM.
Can anyone explain how I can get this to work without using the Dongle provided. The Laptop has a SIM slot behind the battery. I have tried setting up a Dialup Connection with *99# and user/pass as the username and password and it hasn't worked. I have also tried Dell Wireless Manager using the general.t-mobile.uk APN to no avail. T-Mobile refuse to help as they do not support Dell Modems!!

Please can someone help? I am not 100% up on all these wireless broadband stuff so please keep it simple

Thanks!
  (#2) Old

Default 11-14-2009, 07:42 PM

Hi,

I use t-mobile on my laptop but have vodafone on my mini built in. when I set up my laptop I used these settings as found on the Web;
Homepage: http://wap.t-mobile.co.uk/ or Mobile Phones, Internet, Email and Mobile Broadband - T-Mobile
Access Point:
general.t-mobile.uk
Gateway (IP) address :
149.254.1.10 (alt: 149.254.201.132)
Username :
user
(alt: wapuser)
Password:
wap
Session type:
Continuous / permanent

Port number: 8080 (alt: 9201)
Authentication: Normal

SMTP email server:
smtp.t-email.co.uk

I created a new set called T-Mobile and worked though the options useing these sentings, I hope this helps.

Dell Mini 10 Win 7 U | TV tuner | 3G built in | HD | 160GB 5400 HDD | Office 2010 Beta | Shame the GPS isn't much use

This is the best Travel mate I have had!
  (#3) Old

Default 11-15-2009, 10:50 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your help.
I am having trouble finding where to put all that information! On the Dell Wireless manager I can put some of the info in and on Windows Dial Up connection I can put others in, but I can't find where to put all the info in 1 place!

Thanks
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-15-2009, 02:50 PM

Not wishing to stray too far off topic here, but when you (IanDell1010) say that you have Vodafone, 'built in', do you mean at a software or hardware level?

Although my Mini 10v came with a 5530 card (and a Vodafone SIM) already installed, even when I loaded a new Windows 7 OS I didn't have to apply any of the settings you mentioned... and wouldn't know where to do so anyway, even if I had to!

Like many others (including the OP) I am interested in using other SIMs also, but assumed it was just a case of plugging them in, and selecting the appropriate network, if necessary.

Having said that there does appear to be a difference between the cards in the Mini 9's and those they have recently included with the Mini 10v's.

Edit: In hindsight, I think that this thread would have been better off staying in the "3G Mobile Broadband Discussion" area... perhaps it could be moved back there again?

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#5) Old

Default 11-15-2009, 09:36 PM

Hi,

On the mini with the 5530 and the dell software I am not sure as I use a Vodafone sim in my mini (Company supplied) but on my Dell Precision which as a built in 3G card (not sure which one) I use vista and the vodafone connection manager and had to set up a new profil under the settings tab this is were I am using my t-mobil Sim (old company sim I have been told not paid for and no longer working, but works fine currently but not used much now I have my Mini)

I hope this is clearer.

Dell Mini 10 Win 7 U | TV tuner | 3G built in | HD | 160GB 5400 HDD | Office 2010 Beta | Shame the GPS isn't much use

This is the best Travel mate I have had!
  (#6) Old

Default 11-19-2009, 07:57 PM

I am still having no luck with this. Both T-Mobile and Dell are blaming each other and saying I need to speak the other company for a solution. I am at my wits end!!

Please does anyone know the correct way to sort this?

Thanks
  (#7) Old

Default 11-24-2009, 09:27 PM

bump, can anyone help?

« mini 10 will not play 720p video | My Mini 10 is soooo SLOOOOOOOW »