Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
macaroni

Default Patriot and OCZ 64GB SSD's - 11-13-2009, 03:44 PM

I have just been looking at the 64 GB pci-e pata drives made by patriot and ocz (about $145 for the OCZ on new egg) - Newegg.com - OCZ OCZSSDMPEP-64G Mini PCIe 64GB Mini PCIe PATA Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Solid State Disks

Anyone used either of these on the Mini 9? Benchmark's? Actually I'm not clear if it's compatible? (Specifically the OCZ)

Any thoughts - much appreciated!
  (#2) Old
Guru

Default 11-13-2009, 03:57 PM

The OCZ looks too long for a Mini 9.

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
  (#3) Old
macaroni

Default 11-13-2009, 04:22 PM

Thanks for the reply - now that you mention it - that has to be why I keep seeing these drives listed as "mini" and "half-mini". I take that to mean the "half-mini" is the one for the dell mini 9. Does that sound right to you also? thanks again.
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-13-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroni View Post
Thanks for the reply - now that you mention it - that has to be why I keep seeing these drives listed as "mini" and "half-mini". I take that to mean the "half-mini" is the one for the dell mini 9. Does that sound right to you also? thanks again.
Hi,

On searching through previous threads on this subject it does look as if the "half-mini" is indeed the size you require for the Mini 9.

One member posted this one as an option: Newegg.com - SUPER TALENT FEM32GFDL Half Mini PCIe 32GB Mini PCIe (PATA) MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Solid State Disks which I have just realised is actually only a 32 GB one, although I am sure there are other similar larger capacity models also available.

Oh, and welcome to MyDellMini!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#5) Old
macaroni

Default thank you - 11-13-2009, 06:12 PM

OK - many thanks for clearing that up - and for the welcome.
"A little encouragement goes a long way"

« hi,there | 10v Display gone VERY low res when bootup?? Any advice? »