Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Send a message via Skype™ to Jyaneko
Default Noobalicious-Dell Mini10v Help, kudasai! - 11-13-2009, 05:12 AM

Hello,

I just purchased from amazon.co.jp a sparkly new Dell Mini10v in order to Hackintosh it using Gizmodo's guide here My new system is this one: DELL 10.1インチワイド(inch wide)液晶ネットブック(liquid crystal netbook) CM30X-H-WH Inspiron mini 10v ホワイト (white)CM30X-H-WH

• 手のひらに、サイズ以上の楽しみを。
  • メーカー型番 : CM30X-H-WH
  • 搭載CPU : Atom N270 (1.6GHz)
  • 液晶パネル : 10.1インチ WSVGA 1024x576

It has 1GB RAM, 160G Hard drive.
It has Windows XP (in Japanese @@) and a BIOS of A00. Since I am following Gizmodo's instructions it says I need lower than A06 but doesn't include A00 in its list of Ok BIOS'. Do I need to upgrade the BIOS to A03 at the minimum? If so, how do I do it on a machine that works only in Japanese?...a language I cannot read fluently.

Are Gizomodo's instructions still viable? Or are they obsolete?...

Second, NetbookInstaller (this version) opens on a new Macbook equipped with Leopard 10.5.7 and says "you are about to run this on an unqualified device" when I try to open the program.
Is this a bad thing? Do I need to upgrade the machine to 10.6 Snow? Or is this an "ignore" and continue situation?

Any help or advice you can give would be most appreciated, as I am confused and way out of my league but absolutely want to move forward trying to get the OS X Leopard onto my Mini 10v...it is USELESS to me without it!

Ohhhhh all I want for Christmas is a working Hackintosh!

Jyaneko

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

PS, I am excited to join this forum and enjoy the unbelievable knowledge these forums dish out...ask me anything about clothes and style and I can answer you...ask me anything about computers? I go blank faced and start drooling. So, thank you all in advance for putting your wisdom into words here for noobs like me.
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 11-13-2009, 02:29 PM

Welcome to the forum, Jyaneko! I have visited Tokyo twice recently and enjoyed it greatly.

Please do not use the Gizmodo guide. Instead, look to the Mac OS X sections of the forum here for help with installing OS X on a Mini 10v.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old

Default 11-13-2009, 02:55 PM

hi there.

I started at the gizmodo page, also, but ultimately had to use a CD to boot, since my flash drive was not recognized.

these are the instructions that mechdrew wrote

Guides | OS X | mechdrew

I used a combination of parts of the installs: CD to boot, then usb copy of SL

search for bios A00 and see if anyone else used that. I couldn't find an exact post about that, maybe someone with personal experience will chime in?

for changing the bios, I used this

Downgrade your Mini 10v BIOS to A04 (Requires Windows)

with the method in post #30, since it seemed less scary.

good luck.
  (#4) Old

Send a message via Skype™ to Jyaneko
Default Thankyou! - 11-14-2009, 06:02 AM

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for responding! I did as you said and my flash drive is now ready to install on my netbook tonight.

I also investigated the A00 BIOS and people say its fine! WHoot!

Now, my only worry is if I can actually get it done right on the netbook!

Cross my fingers!

Thank you again! I am so grateful!
  (#5) Old

Question did it work? - 12-12-2009, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyaneko View Post
Hi guys,

Thank you so much for responding! I did as you said and my flash drive is now ready to install on my netbook tonight.

I also investigated the A00 BIOS and people say its fine! WHoot!

Now, my only worry is if I can actually get it done right on the netbook!

Cross my fingers!

Thank you again! I am so grateful!
So did it work?? Im thinking about using the Giz guide also... Im kinda nervous, but i really want to do it. Does it work?
  (#6) Old
Administrator

Default 12-12-2009, 02:17 AM

Please refer to the Mac OS X Guides section for current guides. You should also read the OS X sections pertaining to your Mini model. If you have further questions on this topic, ask them there.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« improving xp boot time | Reinstalling XP into ssd - curious about 8mg unpartitioned space that keeps appearing »