Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old
dew2 dew2 is offline
Member
 
Posts: 59
Join Date: Oct 2009
Default NEW SSD Do I install from DELL OS DISC - 11-10-2009, 02:32 PM

Just so I dont error! I have a SuperTalent 16GB SSD GHDL.
Do I use the Dell OS disc and install then install drivers? Just like doing a reinstall on the original Dell SSD.
Or do I need to do anything to prep the new SSD?
Reply With Quote
  (#2) Old
Montala Montala is offline
Super Moderator
 
Montala's Avatar
 
Posts: 871
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Herefordshire (U.K.)
Default 11-10-2009, 05:10 PM

Only 10 minutes ago you posted that you were returning your SSD to Dell for exchange... where has this one suddenly come from?

I would hope that Dell would tell you the correct procedure to follow when they replace your SSD.


Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
Reply With Quote
  (#3) Old
dew2 dew2 is offline
Member
 
Posts: 59
Join Date: Oct 2009
Default 11-10-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montala View Post
Only 10 minutes ago you posted that you were returning your SSD to Dell for exchange... where has this one suddenly come from?

I would hope that Dell would tell you the correct procedure to follow when they replace your SSD.
If ya followed my posts you'd know I was waiting for a SuperTalent SSD So it SUDDENLY came in the mail Not suddenly tho I think I ordered it a week or so ago.The dell SSD is going back> Dell can help me with a supertalent??
Can You?
Who cares where it came from I was asking for help not the questions!
Reply With Quote
  (#4) Old
Montala Montala is offline
Super Moderator
 
Montala's Avatar
 
Posts: 871
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Herefordshire (U.K.)
Default 11-10-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew2 View Post
If ya followed my posts you'd know I was waiting for a SuperTalent SSD So it SUDDENLY came in the mail Not suddenly tho I think I ordered it a week or so ago.The dell SSD is going back> Dell can help me with a supertalent??
Can You?
Who cares where it came from I was asking for help not the questions!
I read many other posts on here apart from yours, and was just slightly puzzled by your sudden request about a different drive altogether.

Anyway, if that's your attitude... then Good Luck!


Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
Reply With Quote
  (#5) Old
holmes4 holmes4 is offline
Administrator
 
holmes4's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,156
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Default 11-10-2009, 06:16 PM

No "prep" is needed. Reinstall from the Dell restore CD.


Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
Reply With Quote
  (#6) Old
dew2 dew2 is offline
Member
 
Posts: 59
Join Date: Oct 2009
Default 11-10-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
No "prep" is needed. Reinstall from the Dell restore CD.
Thank You once again! Not only myself but you seem to be very helpful to many here. Your a good person!
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Ghost image install help again | hi »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.