Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Hello everyone!! - 11-10-2009, 12:23 PM

OK, here we go, I have a Vostro A90 and a MBP with OSX 10.4. I was looking to upgrade my Ubuntu mini with OSX 10.6.1. I don't have moral issues with pirating but if I NEED to buy the upgrade/full version I will. I would like to use the tools that I have to install the proper software onto my mini and would like to have a step by step instructional as to how I can do this very soon!! Hating Ubuntu!!!

Kevin
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 11-10-2009, 12:27 PM

Welcome to MyDellMini

You may not have issues with pirating, but it is not an accepted installation method on MDM Please look into a retail copy of Snow Leopard to use when installing.

Take some time to look around the forums, they are full of information. Also... check out the link in my signature to mechdrew's guides. They are the most comprehensive guides available and they will really help you out.

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | osx.mechdrew.com -- the best OSX installation guides
  (#3) Old

Default 11-10-2009, 04:23 PM

Welcome.

I also despise Ubuntu. I love the free aspect of it, but for some reason I cannot grasp Linux whatsoever. I guess being a Windows user since 3.1 will do that. ;-)

The programs/games installed are so bland for it as well. What the hell was that also? A Japanese speaking program pre-installed right? WEIRD.

Dell Inspiron Mini 9 / Custom XP Pro SP3 / 2GB Mushkin RAM / 4GB Stock SSD / Mini BT USB Dongle / 16GB Class 6 SDHC
  (#4) Old

Default 11-10-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcclure937 View Post
Welcome to MyDellMini

You may not have issues with pirating, but it is not an accepted installation method on MDM Please look into a retail copy of Snow Leopard to use when installing.

Take some time to look around the forums, they are full of information. Also... check out the link in my signature to mechdrew's guides. They are the most comprehensive guides available and they will really help you out.
+1 (yeah, welcome!)
+1 (it's $25 at amazon, for heaven's sake)
and +1 (so easy they're elegant)

« Ion talk? | Ghost image install help again »