Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Problems with mini 10 - 11-08-2009, 01:08 PM

My brother gave me his mini 10 it only a few months old. Before he gave it to me he decided to format it and now it is not working properly, i cant get an internet connection, no audio and at start up it says nvrd32.sys not found, i am giben a choice of starting up xp or xp set up.

If anyone could help i would be very grateful.
  (#2) Old

Default 11-08-2009, 03:00 PM

Sounds like the install didn't finish when it was reformatted and you don't have some of the drivers you need. Can you get a hold of the discs and an external player?
  (#3) Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-08-2009, 05:58 PM

It does indeed... your best choice is probably be a fresh installation of XP... or you would almost certainly find that you could even upgrade to Windows 7 directly from your existing setup... now there's a thought!

Just realised it was your first post 'sharkman', so welcome to MyDellMini... that doesn't of course mean that you aren't an experienced computer user already, but if not you will find plenty of help on here!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN

« Dell outlet refurbs worth it? | Power indicator flashes blue then red repeatedly Dell 1011 »