Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old

Default 11-06-2009, 07:48 PM

Hey there Montala, what I was saying is that I unplugged the ac adapter, the took out the battery and left the battery out and then plugged the ac adapter back in and the blinking had stopped and i had a solid blue light.

I was just glad to have it stop blinking for a night that I didnt reconnect the battery.

I will reconnect the battery this weekend and hope that the blinking does not start again.

Does that make more sense?
  (#12) Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-07-2009, 08:16 AM

Hi,

Yes, I think so!

The real test of course will be when you plug your battery back in again!

Obviously, as the flashing red light is in effect just a low battery level warning, it shouldn't flash at all while the battery is out... even if you do plug the mains adapter back in again.

There is actually no need to remove the battery whenever you are using your Mini on mains power, as they are designed to be left in place all the time really.

Do let us know how you get on, won't you?

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#13) Old

Default 11-09-2009, 04:41 PM

Put the battery back in on Friday evening and everything is back to normal, no more flashing light. Hooray.

thanks again

« Problems with mini 10 | New Member 10v OSX SL installed 2gb and Intel SSD baby! »