Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Location: I live in Hampton Roads, VA until August when I move to Germany.
Send a message via AIM to Chileno Send a message via Yahoo to Chileno Send a message via Skype™ to Chileno
Default Not a forum noob, just a MyDellMini noob - 11-02-2009, 05:23 AM

Hey everyone! I wanted to introduce myself and say hi, as a fresh member of this forum and a fresh mini10v (the slimed green Nickelodeon one ) owner. I just recently got my mini, and overall I love it. A little sluggish with some things, but hey it only has 1GB of RAM and Windows XP for now. I wasn't expecting a powerhouse.

I promptly ordered Windows 7 (which Dell is sending me for free, at least the starter, after a long argument over it being poor customer appreciation to not include a free/discounted upgrade option for some models, but to offer it on others), a 2GB RAM card, and an external DVD-Rom which should all be here in a few days and I think will make my Dell Mini experience even more enjoyable.

Does anyone else have the Slimed Green mini? I think it looks pretty cool even though I'm a bit over the intended age market for the design... I've actually had quite a few "that's cool" comments in regards to the very tame looks of the green design.

Hope everyone is having a great week, I'll be seeing you all around the forums!

"Positive things happen to positive people."

"The only time you should ever find yourself looking down on somebody is when YOU are helping them up!"
  (#2) Old

Default 11-02-2009, 05:28 AM

Heh...that green is a head turner! Welcome to the board...now throw OSX on that bad boy!

Mini 10v
  (#3) Old

Default 11-02-2009, 05:35 AM

Hi and welcome! Relatively new to the crowd here as well, a good forum and nice people

Ooh, green! Mine's the black, as it was a fasttrack model and I didn't have a lot of choices with it, but green would have been my colour too given the option, heh.

Mini 10v (2GB RAM, 160GB HD, A06): MacOS 10.6.4 (NBI 0.8.4 'special')
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Default 11-02-2009, 06:21 PM

Welcome....and why move from Hampton Roads, I love Virginia Beach, New York sucks and I live an hour north of the city up where the deer eat my cherries off my trees, but I have been down to VA beach a bunch of times, every year when I was still married we'd go down for the 'family vacation' me, the wife and our 2 boys and I loved it down there..guess you got your reasons.....anyway, Welcome again..........Rich

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#5) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 11-02-2009, 06:34 PM

Welcome to MyDellMini I am sure you will learn a ton here and find out a lot of cool stuff about your Mini.

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | osx.mechdrew.com -- the best OSX installation guides
  (#6) Old

Default 11-03-2009, 01:58 PM

Welcome! Great job on the win7 upgrade convincing!

I've been pondering the slime one myself - very cool (and I have an AARP card, although they sent it to me waaaay before even their early entry birthdate ).

You'll love the 2gb and I'm willing to bet you won't get much use out of the DVD drive. It's odd, but you just figure out a way around needing one.
  (#7) Old

Location: I live in Hampton Roads, VA until August when I move to Germany.
Send a message via AIM to Chileno Send a message via Yahoo to Chileno Send a message via Skype™ to Chileno
Default Replies - 11-06-2009, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchariya View Post
Heh...that green is a head turner! Welcome to the board...now throw OSX on that bad boy!
I am very intrigued by the idea of having a dual boot Win7 and OSX mini. I'm sure I'll do it in no time! Just have to get OSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidMax View Post
Ooh, green! Mine's the black, as it was a fasttrack model and I didn't have a lot of choices with it, but green would have been my colour too given the option, heh.
The Nickelodeon version isn't just the normal green one, do a google image search for "Slimed Dell Mini" and you can see what I mean. It's like a lime green oozing down the back on half of if (and a little on the palm rest). It's unique, I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrfranczak3 View Post
Welcome....and why move from Hampton Roads, I love Virginia Beach, New York sucks and I live an hour north of the city up where the deer eat my cherries off my trees, but I have been down to VA beach a bunch of times, every year when I was still married we'd go down for the 'family vacation' me, the wife and our 2 boys and I loved it down there..guess you got your reasons.....anyway, Welcome again..........Rich
I work in Virginia Beach and live about an hour away in Hampton. It's not a horrible area, I've always wanted to learn another culture, and an opportunity to live in Germany for 3 years has come up, so I'm taking it! I'm SO excited! Not as much about living in Germany, although I'm sure that I'll fall in love with that, but mainly the idea of visiting Rome, and Sicily, and Ambsterdam as easily as seeing the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodminis View Post
I'm willing to bet you won't get much use out of the DVD drive. It's odd, but you just figure out a way around needing one.
Funny you say that, because while waiting on the DVD drive, I found out how to make my flash drive bootable (thanks to mydellmini) and installed the OS from that, I have a feeling I'll never use the DVD drive, but oh well...it was only $30 and is comforting to have around.

"Positive things happen to positive people."

"The only time you should ever find yourself looking down on somebody is when YOU are helping them up!"
  (#8) Old

Default 12-03-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileno View Post
Hey everyone! I wanted to introduce myself and say hi, as a fresh member of this forum and a fresh mini10v (the slimed green Nickelodeon one ) owner. I just recently got my mini, and overall I love it. A little sluggish with some things, but hey it only has 1GB of RAM and Windows XP for now. I wasn't expecting a powerhouse.

I promptly ordered Windows 7 (which Dell is sending me for free, at least the starter, after a long argument over it being poor customer appreciation to not include a free/discounted upgrade option for some models, but to offer it on others), a 2GB RAM card, and an external DVD-Rom which should all be here in a few days and I think will make my Dell Mini experience even more enjoyable.

Does anyone else have the Slimed Green mini? I think it looks pretty cool even though I'm a bit over the intended age market for the design... I've actually had quite a few "that's cool" comments in regards to the very tame looks of the green design.

Hope everyone is having a great week, I'll be seeing you all around the forums!
Does the slimed computer have any nickelodean stickers or logos on it. Im thinking about getting it but if it has logos or advertisments on the outside im not sure of buying it.

« New 10v w/ Windows 7 | help ... newbie cannot get BIOS downgraded!!! »