Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Dual booting Win XP Home and Snow Leopard without wiping my existing partition - 10-30-2009, 09:35 PM

Hello,

I just received a new Dell Mini 10v with XP Home installed. Is there a way to pull the HD or just leave it in and partition the drive for dual booting without wiping the current install of Win XP Home that came installed from dell? Or can I just Clone the XP install back with some type of drive imaging application? I have installed a lot of applications and have spent a lot of time getting it setup just how I need the windows install to run. I have plenty of flash drives or external drives and DVD install disks.

Thank you,

Randy
  (#2) Old

Default 10-30-2009, 09:52 PM

Pulling the HD is relatively easy - take out the KB and it's right there.

Acronis Trueimage used to be a 30-day free trial (it's been awhile...), so if you don't want to pull the existing HD, you can use that to peel off a copy.
  (#3) Old

Default 10-30-2009, 11:01 PM

How do I go about installing the 2 os's. Do I just clone my existing install of Win XP to another HD and then follow the dual boot instructions on this website? And after that, can I just clone my original install back to the windows partition? Is there any way to install Mac OS X without wiping the original install. I know it is possible to split the HD into 2 partitions now. If one splits the drive into 2 partitions can OS X then be installed on the second partition without touching the Win XP install?

Thank you
  (#4) Old
Administrator

Default 10-30-2009, 11:10 PM

Visit the Dual Booting forum section for more than you ever wanted to know.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« Please help mini 9 ghost install problems | 10v Ubuntu - Can I Downgrade My BIOS? »