Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Foreign Language Input in OSX SL - 10-27-2009, 04:37 PM

Hi All - I did my homework checking the forums and came up short of an answer, so here goes...

I'm about to order a 10v to be set up with Snow Leopard using the netbook bootmaker (via Mac method). My question - does the full foreign language input capability still work? I assume it does, but want to make sure the bootmaker doesn't delete any of the language files to save room. I need to be able to input in Simplified Chinese occasionally, so thought I'd check.

Thanks!
  (#2) Old

Default 10-27-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiB View Post
Hi All - I did my homework checking the forums and came up short of an answer, so here goes...

I'm about to order a 10v to be set up with Snow Leopard using the netbook bootmaker (via Mac method). My question - does the full foreign language input capability still work? I assume it does, but want to make sure the bootmaker doesn't delete any of the language files to save room. I need to be able to input in Simplified Chinese occasionally, so thought I'd check.

Thanks!
Everything works... when you install SL, you can choose not to install additional fonts, and this might cause problems with Chinese input (I haven't tried myself), but since the additional font package is so small you could just leave it. Everything else is untouched. I actually find chinese input in SL much better than in Leopard.

Mini 9 - Obsidian Black
RunCore 64GB SSD, 2 Gb RAM, Dell 5530 WWAN card
Mac OS X 10.6.2
  (#3) Old

Default 10-27-2009, 06:19 PM

Thanks, that helps. Glad to hear they've improved the chinese input as well.

Tags
chinese, language, osx 10.6, osx dell mini v10

« performance issues | Which dell mini 10vs have which screens? »