Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Oct 2009
10-26-2009, 05:49 AM
Dell Mini 10v running Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard
Dell Mini 10v stats:
- IntelĀ®AtomĀ®Processor Z520 (1.33GHz/533MHz FSB/512K Cache)
- Glossy 10.1 inch display (1024x576) WSVGA
- 1GB,DDR2,533MHZ (can be upgraded to 2 gigabit DDR2 SDRAM)
- 160GB, 2.5inch, 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 950
- Standard 1.3MP webcam
- 802.11b/g Wi-Fi
- 3-in-1 Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS)
- 3-Cell 24WHr Li-Ion Battery
- running Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.1)
I didn't know 10v comes with Z520 processors....unless this is a mod
Join Date: Jul 2009
11-04-2009, 09:56 AM
The biggest difference for me is the keyboard on the 10v. It's arranged like a standard keyboard while the Mini9 is not. Both run 10.6.1 and Win7 very well. Which processor you pick is irrelevant unless you plan on doing processor intensive work. If you don't, save the $20.
Upgrading the memory on a 10v can be a little scary for some, but it's no worse than installing hardware in a desktop, just a little less room to work and smaller cables. There are several YouTube videos that are very helpful.
While I like the Mini9 and I have no plans to sell it, if I had it to do all over again, I'd just get the 10v.
Mini 10v | 2 gigs memory | 500 gig HD | BT | 10.6.3 & Windows 7 Professional Dual Boot
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Modding minis - where else? ;)
11-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.