Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Mini 9 UK Delivery Delays? - 12-07-2008, 11:49 AM

Can any UK owners on the forum tell me how long it took for your Dell Mini to be delivered. I think I'm being given the run-around by Dell. I ordered on Thursday 27th November, and was given a delivery date of on or before 10 December.

Since then my order has remained at the "Phase 3 In Production" "Your order is being assembled" stage for the whole of last week. With delivery due by Wednesday next week, I would have thought it would be ready to despatch by now to get to me in the Scottish Highlands by Wednesday. I've queries this twice with Dell, and each time they've said:

"Due to high volume of orders your order is getting delayed at the production stage. As the order is in production, I am afraid I will not be able to provide an accurate delivery date and assure you a speedy delivery. However, we will always try and improve the delivery date on your order."

Is this normal for Dell?
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Mini 9 UK Delivery Delays? - 12-07-2008, 03:52 PM

Ordered 11:55 Thursday the 27th, confirmed 15:56, phonecall for delivery on Friday the 28th around 14:00 and delivered at 11:00 on Monday... just be glad it wasn't cancelled

Modding the Dell Mini 9 Part 1 & Part 2

DELL MINI 9 | A05 | 10.6.1 | 8GB SSD | 1GB RAM
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Mini 9 UK Delivery Delays? - 12-07-2008, 04:13 PM

Quinten, thanks for the reply. I'm convinced my order is stuck in Dell's ordering system somewhere, but I can't seem to convince them of that. Anyway, I've just fired off another email to them.

What delivery date were you given on your order? And when you say "just be glad it wasn't cancelled", does that mean that Dell have a history of wrongly cancelling orders?
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Mini 9 UK Delivery Delays? - 12-07-2008, 04:39 PM

On the order it said "on or before the 12th of December". The reason I mentioned about cancellations, is that I assumed you ordered yours as part of the Dell misprice too? See here for more details.

(#5) Old

Default Re: Mini 9 UK Delivery Delays? - 12-07-2008, 05:59 PM

No, I ordered at the normal full price, but using the code to get the VAT reduced from 17.5% to 15%.
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Mini 9 UK Delivery Delays? - 12-07-2008, 07:18 PM

Then they must really have go some delay in delivery. Not surprising since they got loads of orders in on that faithful day

(#7) Old

Default Re: Mini 9 UK Delivery Delays? - 12-07-2008, 10:16 PM

I've just read that other thread about the £98 bargains. Sounds like Dell were sending out returned items for those deliveries. I wonder if Dell UK have any "new" Mini 9s in stock. Bad practice to take an order, promise a delivery date, and have none in stock.

Maybe I'll cancel and get a Samsung NC10. At least they're in stock at QVC. Or is there anywhere else I can get a new Mini 9 in the next week (needed for Christmas).
  (#8) Old

Default Re: Mini 9 UK Delivery Delays? - 12-07-2008, 10:28 PM

Mine is/was brand spanking new, so it may just have been the odd one. You never hear the stories praising the manufacturer

If you've been given a delivery date, I would wait until that date passes, if you haven't, then it is maybe a good idea to have your call escalated?

(#9) Old

Default Re: Mini 9 UK Delivery Delays? - 12-07-2008, 10:57 PM

Dell gave me an estimated delivery date on my Order Confirmation of "on or before 10/12/2008". I just can't see how they'll achieve a delivery to the Scottish Highlands by Wednesday when it's not even at the "Delivery Preparation" stage.

I've already got a case number with Dell, and have also contacted them through their Customer Complaints form. All Dell keep on saying is that they have high volumes of orders, and that they will try and improve the delivery date on my order. Hey, I'd be happy if they just meet the delivery date on my order!!

All they seem to do is tell me what I already know - to quote "As the order is in production, I am afraid I will not be able to provide an accurate delivery date and assure you a speedy delivery."

Not impressed with Dell customer service
  (#10) Old

Default Re: Mini 9 UK Delivery Delays? - 12-08-2008, 09:42 AM

I also ordered mine on the 27th and it turned up in the 2nd :-)

Mini 9 Vista full 2gb 32gb SSD 16gb SDHC
XPS M1730 Blue 2.6 Dual 8800gtx 500gb Raid 0 Bluray
XPS M1530 Bubblegum Pink 2.4 8600gt (the wifes)

« Memory usuage unfound and not able to identified | Noob, M9 should be here early next week »