Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old

Default Re: Mini 9 UK Delivery Delays? - 12-08-2008, 02:31 PM

Are Dell always so bad at customer service? I phoned them this afternoon, and now they're saying that they can't even guarantee delivery by Christmas!!! Any ideas who else I can escalate this to? Any ideas how I can find out if they've even got any in stock?

I'm now not sure whether to cancel and buy something else for my wife this Christmas, or hope that Dell can deliver.
  (#12) Old

Default Re: Mini 9 UK Delivery Delays? - 12-08-2008, 03:00 PM

I have found Dell CS to be extremely helpful... but that doesn't help you at all. I don't think they have stock, although I also don't believe the whole 'build to order' line. If you're paying retail price, then maybe ebay is a better option if you need it before Christmas?

Modding the Dell Mini 9 Part 1 & Part 2

DELL MINI 9 | A05 | 10.6.1 | 8GB SSD | 1GB RAM
  (#13) Old

Default Re: Mini 9 UK Delivery Delays? - 12-08-2008, 05:01 PM

I've given up and cancelled my order. Latest email from Dell confirms they have none in stock, and no idea when they will have stock. Very bad service from Dell, they shouldn't accept an order and give a delivery date if they have no stock.

"There is a delay in the delivery of your order due to a part shortage problem. This happened due to the huge demand for the INSPIRON MINI 9 systems, which we did not expect while advertising and hence the manufacturing facility have advised us of a change in the shipping date. However our factory is working with our suppliers and Dell will always try and improve the delivery date on your order. I am afraid I can't assure you a speedy delivery"

Perhaps they could have been honest in the previous emails I've had from them, rather than always saying it would arrive by 10th December. I could have cancelled my order a week ago if I'd known, and ordered something else. So, I've now ordered a Samsung NC10 instead.
  (#14) Old

Default Re: Mini 9 UK Delivery Delays? - 12-09-2008, 04:15 PM

Had mine delivered about a week earlier than Dell said - original delivery date was Dec 1. It was also 'in production' right up to the point where I had an automated phone call to arrange delivery the next day - so i think the Order status screen is not the most reliable indicator .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarbat
Can any UK owners on the forum tell me how long it took for your Dell Mini to be delivered. I think I'm being given the run-around by Dell. I ordered on Thursday 27th November, and was given a delivery date of on or before 10 December.

Since then my order has remained at the "Phase 3 In Production" "Your order is being assembled" stage for the whole of last week. With delivery due by Wednesday next week, I would have thought it would be ready to despatch by now to get to me in the Scottish Highlands by Wednesday. I've queries this twice with Dell, and each time they've said:

"Due to high volume of orders your order is getting delayed at the production stage. As the order is in production, I am afraid I will not be able to provide an accurate delivery date and assure you a speedy delivery. However, we will always try and improve the delivery date on your order."

Is this normal for Dell?

« Memory usuage unfound and not able to identified | Noob, M9 should be here early next week »