Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Mini10v + OSX10.6.1 + W7 or XP in VBox = WWAN working? - 10-22-2009, 03:09 PM

Hi All

I ordered my Mini10v on 9th October and (fingers crossed) it should be here shortly. I've been spending vast amounts of my time looking at the posts on this excellent website and I have already prepped my USB stick to do a Snow Leopard install. Can't wait.
I live in the UK and have ordered the 10v with WWAN for the 2 month free Vodafone trial. Looking at some of the posts I understand the following:
1). This card works fine in XP and Windows7.
2). This card works fine in OSX Leopard.
3). This card doesn't work in Snow Leopard (10.6 or 10.6.1) BUT one poster did say that booting into Windows 7 and enabling the card in that OS (using shift F2 after installing the function key software) then made it work in OSX 10.6.

So, my question:
Once I've done my SL install, if the card doesn't work (either natively or using the modem script available from this site) I was planning to do a VirtualBox installation of WIndows 7 or XP within OS X and then use that to get the card working.

Do you think this would work? Would the card be visible from within the OS in VBox? I would really like it to work in SL and I can't be bothered with the hassle of dual booting - I'd rather just fire up a Windows VM from within OSX if need be to use the WWAN card.

Thanks for all the helpful posts people - this site is great.

« webcam driver | Dell mini 10 UK TV recording question »