Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Weight of 10v with bigger battery? - 10-15-2009, 12:49 PM

Afternoon all!

Placed an order for a Mini 10v about a week ago now - looking forward to it arriving in another week and a half or so. I already have an aluminium macbook, but the Dell will be dragged on the train with me (built-in 3G modem FTW!) for my 15hrs of commuting a week... OS X will of course be a necessity, but I'll probably keep XP on there too for emergency VPNing into work while on the move...

Anyway, enough blathering. I had a question too.

Can anyone who already has one please let me know what the weight of the 10v with the extended battery is?

Thanks!

xanthein
  (#2) Old

Default 10-15-2009, 05:28 PM

I can't tell you the exact weight, but it's not that much heavier. I think it adds like a half pound. Just got mine with the bigger battery and it's soo worth it. It does stick out of the back just a little bit though.
  (#3) Old

Default 10-15-2009, 07:21 PM

On a side note, you can VPN with OSX, unless your work actually requires it to be XP.

You can look up the weights on the dell site I believe. I'm pretty sure it was something like 200 grams more, so about a half a pound.
  (#4) Old

Default 10-15-2009, 11:10 PM

Thanks for the info. It shouldn't be too much longer now as it's just gone into 'Production' (from pre-prod), so I can see for myself!

Sadly the VPN requires a proprietary client and the Mac version requires a license (PC version doesn't).

Thanks again!
  (#5) Old

Default 10-16-2009, 01:54 AM

I ordered mine on the 4th and we got it yesterday if that helps.
  (#6) Old

Default 10-16-2009, 09:48 AM

Cool, thanks. I reckon it'll arrive next week at some point, which would make me very happy

« A04 bios with 10.6.1 Can I use other PC to upgrade bios to AO5? | Hackintosh NewB: Can I use a downloaded version of OS X to install? »