Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old

Default Re: Hey, New guy here.. problems already - 12-16-2008, 08:35 PM

Ya, I tried that..

Anyways.. I got it back. It still didnt power up w/o AC.. Im assuming the batt is dead or low.. I plugged it in and I got the Windows setup menu, but currently at work.. so I didnt go further than that..
  (#12) Old

Default Re: Hey, New guy here.. problems already - 12-16-2008, 11:11 PM

well.. unless Im missing something.. theres still issues. I got it to turn on, on ac power... and setup windows.. but when I try to turn it on without connected to ac, it does nothing.. and I even stupidly disconnected the ac when it was on, and it shut right off.. its like the battery is dead.. and i left it on for a while, and the battery said charging 0%.. and after the time I left it on for a bit.. still said 0%..

suggestions??
  (#13) Old
tvasea

Default Re: Hey, New guy here.. problems already - 12-18-2008, 01:45 AM

Happened to me.

Disconnected the battery while in windows, connected back and the battery started to charge.

Vasea
  (#14) Old

Default Re: Hey, New guy here.. problems already - 12-19-2008, 10:58 AM

Ok guys.. problem solved!! I was going to try the disconnect as mentioned, and then try the A03 bios flash.. but I got an automated phone call yest saying Dell sent me another package.. I was :shock: .. After speaking with Dell Chat.. they said it was a new battery.. wtf? Apparently, they were not in stock when they had my computer... so they send them separate, and now want me to return my old one..

Anyways.. I popped it in last night (w/o A/c), and it started right up!! 34% charged.. Threw it on the charger, and sure enough.. it started charging.. Must be I had a complete crap battery..

weird

« Charging for the first time. | Newbie - Mini 9 or 12 ? This is drivin me nuts!!! »