Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Wont Boot - 12-03-2008, 09:24 PM

Just ordered a brand new Mini 9. It wont get past the "Whats your computer name?" Screen. I've used windows sparingly and now I have had to restart the machine 4 times already. Whats going on? What do I do to move past this stupid screen?
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Wont Boot - 12-05-2008, 02:27 AM

hmm. You should have to restart zero times after that screen. Sometimes there is a 'skip' button on that screen next to 'next'. Try hitting that. Otherwise you may have a faulty install due to a botched sysprep or faulty hardware.
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Wont Boot - 12-05-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harstad23
Just ordered a brand new Mini 9. It wont get past the "Whats your computer name?" Screen. I've used windows sparingly and now I have had to restart the machine 4 times already. Whats going on? What do I do to move past this stupid screen?
Be patient, it takes a while to get past that screen. It tries to detect your network connection on the next screen. I would say, click the next button once and wait. Good luck.

Dell Mini 9, Red, 2gb RAM, 64 GB HD, 3 separate HDs: XP Pro, Vista, and Windows 7
Dell Mini 10, XPS M1530, Inspiron 1308, Latitude X1, Latitude D420, Latitude D610, Latitude D620, Latitude D810, Latitude XT2

« Ok Do I really need one. | Newbie Intro »