Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Vodafone Mini 9 XP will not connect to pc - 09-29-2009, 03:42 PM

Ok. I have tried an ethernet cable (the one thats paired for peer to peer etc) I have aquired a usb-to-usb Bridge 2.0 (PL2501) Network Link Hi speed cable....I have installed the 'superlink' software which one would presume has the relevent drivers....nothing. The usb-to-usb cable can be seen in systems.hardware/devices on the mini and it can be seen as an unknowndevice on my dell pc under usbcontrollers. The pc actually recognises the drivers and device but says there is nothing to connect to.... I after many many hours/months managed to find a site where i could download the same software installation/setup/drivers for this capable on the net BUT it will not recognise the device saying no drivers.....yet it see's the usb-to-usb cable and registers it with a big yello question mark. I have since gotten rid of the old software and found an installation shield called PClinq2 which is a Usb to Usb File Transfer Applicaion (ANSI)....BUT STILL the mini will not connect help ! Nearly a year and I have been battling at this!
  (#2) Old

Default 09-29-2009, 05:30 PM

What are you trying to do? do you want to connect you Mini 9 to a PC to transfer files or are you trying to create a network connection between the two?
  (#3) Old
Administrator

Default 09-29-2009, 05:46 PM

The USB-USB connection will require drivers for the particular device you are using.

An Ethernet peer-to-peer link should work with a crossover cable if you set up the connection in the Network Connections panel. Do you not have a router you can connect the Mini to? That would be a LOT simpler.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« Dell Vostro A90 w/Ubuntu 8.04 | New Vostro A90 owner »