Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Firefox full screen in Mini 10v? - 09-16-2009, 12:56 AM

I first want to say what a great community this is. I was able to install OS X in my 10v and also solve some problems post install, all within this website. Great bunch of people helping in this community! Thank you!

On to my question, I am using firefox as my default internet browser in os x, but I feel that a big portion of the screen is taken away by os x tool bar, the firefox address bar, toolbar bookmarks, and the firefox tabs. My question is regarding going full screen or if there is a way to use firefox but with more real estate for my screen, without loosing at least the address bar. What is everyone using to get more browser screen?

Thanks again!
  (#2) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 09-16-2009, 10:24 AM

Google Chrome makes excellent use of screen estate. OS X tho...no idea.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#3) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 09-16-2009, 12:38 PM

There is no "full screen" in FireFox for OSX... but, to make up for this you can make some changes to capitalize on realestate.

1. Use small icons
2. Do not show bookmarks toolbar
3. Click the "jelly bean" in the upper right corner... this will hide the address bar and provide more viewing area

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | osx.mechdrew.com -- the best OSX installation guides
  (#4) Old

Default 09-16-2009, 10:41 PM

Great, I will use the Jelly bean feature and remove the bookmarks toolbar. I was specially dealing with google reader, but I just created a google reader with Fluid App and it works good too. Just too bad I am not able to write a scrip to block the ads or use adblocks with Fluid.

Thanks again!
  (#5) Old

Default 09-17-2009, 03:51 AM

(#6) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 09-17-2009, 04:39 AM

Nice reference for Windows... but this thread is specifically about OSX.

The methods I suggested will result in the most screen real-estate possible. Some of those methods provided in the LifeHacker article only pertain to Windows!

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | osx.mechdrew.com -- the best OSX installation guides

« Thinking of Buying an Ubuntu Dell Mini 10v | Pressing the accept button to agree to adobe reader license agreement »