Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Skins for the mini 9? - 11-29-2008, 01:58 PM

Does anyone know anywhere to get "skins" for the mini 9? There are some on sale now at Meritline but they appear to be for regular laptops and I'm not sure if they could be altered to fit?

Thanks in advance.
  (#2) Old

Location: Originally Ganinesville, Fl but currently Tokyo, Japan
Default Re: Skins for the mini 9? - 11-29-2008, 02:03 PM

(#3) Old

Default Re: Skins for the mini 9? - 11-30-2008, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix.stu
Might also want to check here http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=3acp. Lots of complaints against this eBayer and someone else on this blog posted that the 3acp skins were poor quality.
  (#4) Old

Location: Originally Ganinesville, Fl but currently Tokyo, Japan
Default Re: Skins for the mini 9? - 11-30-2008, 05:38 AM

:shock: wow. Didn't realize that. I just browsed the products I don't check seller ratings until I am ready to buy. Good catch. Thanks
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Skins for the mini 9? - 11-30-2008, 06:35 AM

Things can sometimes be funny.. I ordered from these guys (this item specifically) Dell Inspiron Mini 9 8.9" skin skins full set mini9-56 and I think the skins are awesome, good quality and easy to put on.. I love the look..

FYI, there arrived just a couple of days after I ordered.. The packaging was very nice and protective. They arrived FedEx and the quality, I thought was excellent. Strong, colorful and well trimed to the mini 9's sizes...

Just my two cents because as I was reading this thread, I was thinking to myself, this must be another seller. When I checked the link, I just wondered why I was so blessed :-)

-ed-
  (#6) Old
Administrator

Default Re: Skins for the mini 9? - 11-30-2008, 11:11 AM

I also ordered a skin from 3acp via eBay and I'm happy with the quality and delivery. The skin is thick and the printing is vivid and seems durable. Ordering via their web store (and not eBay) can be cheaper and there's a larger selection of patterns.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#7) Old

Default Re: Skins for the mini 9? - 11-30-2008, 05:01 PM

I wasn't trying to put people off of 3acp. I was just reporting what I had found. I always look at their negative feedback on toolhaus just to see worst case scenarios. Seems to me that the larger a seller gets on eBay, the more they tend to think in terms of percentage of bad feedback, rather than trying to avoid bad feedback. 98.8% positive is lower than I'd like if planning to buy but ordering from a website is risky too. I also always use PayPal because I can file to get my money back through them if a seller won't work with me.
  (#8) Old

Default Re: Skins for the mini 9? - 11-30-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlyharmless22
I wasn't trying to put people off of 3acp. I was just reporting what I had found. I always look at their negative feedback on toolhaus just to see worst case scenarios. Seems to me that the larger a seller gets on eBay, the more they tend to think in terms of percentage of bad feedback, rather than trying to avoid bad feedback. 98.8% positive is lower than I'd like if planning to buy but ordering from a website is risky too. I also always use PayPal because I can file to get my money back through them if a seller won't work with me.
Thats great and all, but using toolhaus makes it look much worse than it is. That is 1.2 percent negative or neutral feedback. At the scale of sales he is making, that is well within MY comfort zone for ebay purchases. Now, when someone only has a few hundred transactions that makes it much more scary.

A lot of the replies in there are on things people should be completely aware of, such as shipping costs. I find ebay negative or neutral feedback to be flaky at best. So many people only leave feedback cause they realized they ****ed up.
  (#9) Old

Default Re: Skins for the mini 9? - 12-01-2008, 11:45 PM

Check out this similar thread:

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/mini...--t188s20.html

I bought my current skin from gelaskins and cut it down with an xacto knife. Very happy. Would certainly rather have them sell their product sized correctly for the Dell Mini 9 but its not a lot of work to deal with a slightly larger skin. I bought one for a small Mac laptop. You'll want to think about how the image will be cut down when you are picking the one you want.

Dell Mini 9:Black:GelaSkin by Daim:32GB RunCore SSD:2GB RAM:Bluetoothell 1505 b/g/n
  (#10) Old

Default Re: Skins for the mini 9? - 12-03-2008, 03:12 AM

i wanted something that was either a nice classy business design or something that was clear. I haven't really found anything yet. that suits what i need. A suggestion is contact paper. i dug up some clear i had laying around and trimmed to fit. Hopefully it will keep my palm rest clean as well as my top until we see some more company get in on the mini 9 skinning. That's just my 2 cents

« enable legacy usb | Run out of space on 8GB »