Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-28-2009, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
No such after-purchase upgrade is possible.
That's what I thought... but Dell are not offering the N280 as an option either.

Or did they at one time perhaps, as if it was never an option anyway, why is the question being asked?
  (#12) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 08-28-2009, 12:40 PM

The N280 is still offered as an option on the US Dell site...

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | osx.mechdrew.com -- the best OSX installation guides
  (#13) Old

Default hmm - 08-28-2009, 12:43 PM

not sure if its new or not , but if i go to the dell site and try to build a new 10v it gives me an option for an upgraded proc:

A faster processor increases the efficiency and performance of your applications and operations..

IntelĀ® Atom ProcessorĀ® N270 (1.6GHz/533Mhz FSB/512K cache) [Included in Price]
IntelĀ® Atom ProcessorĀ® N280 (1.66GHz/667MHz FSB/512K cache) [add $25]
  (#14) Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-28-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcclure937 View Post
The N280 is still offered as an option on the US Dell site...
Thanks... but not here in the U.K. ... so that explains that one then!

I had assumed they were all made out in Indonesia or somewhere, and that we would all be offered similar upgrade options.

If I had been given the chance to 'upgrade', I would probably have taken it, but given that the wholesale price Dell pay is probably virtually the same for the N270 and the N280, I am a bit surprised that they don't standardise on the N280 though.

Mind you, on second thoughts, perhaps not, as I have always held the belief that Dell make a considerable amount of their profit out of so called 'upgrades' anyway!

« Dell Mini 10 Screen and touch pad problems | New 10v - with Ubuntu - on the way! »