Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default BIOS Update... - 08-21-2009, 11:52 PM

Hi all, first post here

I believe I need to update my BIOS as I'm currently on A00. The problem is that I've just put OSX on the machine but get stuck on a grey screen during boot. I have scrolling text, then a blue screen that fades to grey, and thats it. I've heard that the BIOS upgrade should sort it.....anyway.

The links to download the "Dell I910 Mini/Vostro A90 USB Key Drive flashBIOS Utility" all point to the same place, and that doesn't seem to exist anymore and the torrent file doesn't seem to work either. Anybody know where I can get a copy from please?
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 08-22-2009, 01:10 AM

The Download link in this thread:

Dell I910 Mini/Vostro A90 USB Key Drive flashBIOS Utility

works for me. You want the V1.51 file.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old

Default 08-22-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbr View Post
Hi all, first post here

I believe I need to update my BIOS as I'm currently on A00. The problem is that I've just put OSX on the machine but get stuck on a grey screen during boot. I have scrolling text, then a blue screen that fades to grey, and thats it. I've heard that the BIOS upgrade should sort it.....anyway.

The links to download the "Dell I910 Mini/Vostro A90 USB Key Drive flashBIOS Utility" all point to the same place, and that doesn't seem to exist anymore and the torrent file doesn't seem to work either. Anybody know where I can get a copy from please?
try my guide, how to upgrade bios while running mac os x/ubuntu, under the guide tab ^^

Alienware M15x|Black|BT|GT 240m|Intel i5|Windows 7 64-bit|
  (#4) Old

Default thanks - 08-22-2009, 12:08 PM

Thanks guys for the help, it's nice to post on a forum and actually get helpful replys.

The link to download the bios updater above still doesn't work for me, just says page cannot be found, but I left the torrent running all night and some kind soul started seeding so I have managed to update my bios now.

Unfortunatly it didn't solve my grey screen during booting into osx. Gonna try ANOTHER reinstall see if that helps.

« Ordered my Mini10 ... then i cancelled | Intro »