Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Think 20 days is a long wait time, try 42 days... - 08-18-2009, 03:21 PM

On Aug 10, I was warned by the sales rep at Dell when I ordered my Mini 10 via postal money order. "It could take up to 2 weeks just to process the money order. (I ordered a Dell desktop this way 12 years ago).
I ordered anyway. The rep even tried to see if I could get a "Dell credit account" to use for just one month, that failed. I told the rep it probably wouldn't work anyway.
I pay cash for everything.
She (the rep) had me write 3 different numbers on the money order, and said to send it overnight express with tracking. Then I needed to call her back (or one of the members of her sales team) with the tracking number of the overnighted check. I had to do this within 24 hours, or my order would become invalid. I called just as soon as I got home from the post office.
When I talked to her again, she said she would call me the following week with the necessary numbers to "Check my status" online.
I'm impatient and I looked my order up online today with my name, phone# and zipcode.
I got the necessary numbers and looked at the "Order status" page for my Mini.
Estimated Delivery Date: 9-21-09

I know this date can be off by a few days, but I was hoping for sooner, as most people would be. I'll be glad when I finally get it.

mini 10 - black, 1.6ghz, tv tuner, hd screen, multiboot-> win xp | MX-14.2 | debian 6.03 | slitaz_rolling | crunchbang 11
zaurus sl-C3100 multiboot-> zubuntu rc1.0 | angstrom opie 2007.12-r18 | cacko 1.23
zaurus sl-C3200 pdaxii13-5.5-alpha4 akita on nand
  (#2) Old
Retired Mini user

Default 08-18-2009, 03:28 PM

Back when they started taking orders last September, many of waited even longer for the initial shipments preloaded w/Ubuntu. I ordered mine on day 1, but didn't receive it until mid-October... and there were plenty of us.

Getting an iPad

« New Mini 9--out of space in 10 days?!?!? | RunCore speed & unused WWAN connector. »