Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Ubuntu to XP - 08-16-2009, 08:40 PM

I have a mini 10 with an 8Gb s.s.d. At the moment I am running Ubuntu but need to be using Windows XP. How easy is it to install XP from a USB drive. Also, where is the best place to get a suitable copy of XP. Thanks.
  (#2) Old

Default 08-17-2009, 10:52 PM

Easy as pie to install XP onto a flash drive, there are various guides if you search the forums here or google it.

As for a copy of XP, you need to have already owned it or buy a copy. Unfortunately I cannot tell you where to get copyrighted software.

Dell Inspiron Mini 9 / Custom XP Pro SP3 / 2GB Mushkin RAM / 4GB Stock SSD / Mini BT USB Dongle / 16GB Class 6 SDHC
  (#3) Old

Default 08-18-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peters_mini View Post
I have a mini 10 with an 8Gb s.s.d. At the moment I am running Ubuntu but need to be using Windows XP. How easy is it to install XP from a USB drive. Also, where is the best place to get a suitable copy of XP. Thanks.
You can get it from Amazon at Amazon.com: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition FULL VERSION with SP2: Software

It's a bit pricey, though.
  (#4) Old

Default 08-18-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerkit View Post
You can get it from Amazon at Amazon.com: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition FULL VERSION with SP2: Software

It's a bit pricey, though.
Oh, and a warning about piracy - I wouldn't recommend getting an OS, an Anti-Virus, or a Firewall from P2P. Well, I wouldn't recommend getting ANYTHING from P2P, but that's a different story.
  (#5) Old

Default 08-21-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peters_mini View Post
You can buy OEM versions of XP Professional for about $60.00 on eBay. According to the Microsoft license it must be bundled with "hardware," so the seller will probably include an old, 128MB stick of RAM or a broken hard drive.

As with everything eBay, you are taking your chances on the seller, tho.

« ordered my mini! | Dell mini10 w/GPS question »