Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Ubuntu USB install for mini-9 - 08-03-2009, 05:20 AM

I downloaded and ran the reinstall version live cd/dvd and was impressed.

I attempted an install but only had two options (1) run side by side with Windows or (2) erase windows and install in its place.

Can anyone tell me where I can find instructions on how to install Ubuntu on a USB hard drive. And where to download the appropriate version if a special version/download is necessary.

I guess this would have to include partitioning information for the USB drive. Never having done an install before I would like to find fairly explicit instructions. From what I have been find out, all of the necessary drivers are included - bells and whistles I guess will gladly follow.

Thanks in advance. Any and all assistance is appreciated. From what I saw of the system running for only a short time on the mini-9, I think we will make an exceptional pair.
  (#2) Old

Default 08-03-2009, 10:58 AM

When you run the live CD, go to system/administration/create a usb startup disk. You can then format your usb and run ubuntu just from that. If you want to create a usb drive from netbook remix you'll need one of several programs that can work with a .img file.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/In...n/FromUSBStick
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/In...n/FromImgFiles

« Hi All I'm new (Mini 10 TV 3G) plus software questions. | Somehow got MacOSX installed on my 10v, question »