Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Hi All I'm new (Mini 10 TV 3G) plus software questions. - 08-02-2009, 06:49 PM

Hi all,

I have a new mini 10 on XP with Tv card and 3G on order from Dell as a method of e-mailing on the road.

I am swaping from smart phone (Nokia E71) to the dell 10. The reasions are feed up trying to reply with a small keeyboard and no spell check, plus head office complain as the phone isn't on a data plan (And can't be as a group call plan).

I am supposed to use my dell M2300 with the Vodafone 3G USB I have but this is just to big alot of the time when I am traveling and as I will offen check e-mail outside customers before I visit.

The plans are to do all this through the group Citrix account which also gives me office 2000 so no realy need to load software!!! however I plan to load Office 2007 and set up outlook as per my laptop to connect through the web, only question is office 2007 to much for the mini?

I could load just outlook and then office 97.

The other things I plan to load are;
Autoroute 2007
Streets and Trips 2009
Mesh
acrobat reader
Rocket dock
Batterybar

what do you think??

Have I missed anything off?
  (#2) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 08-03-2009, 12:09 AM

Welcome to the forum

Sounds like you'll be using your Mini 10 well, you won't have any troubles running those programs.

With that configuration I get just over 2 hours battery life although it may be less with the 3G USB stick running.
Personally I can't get my TV card to work at all, pretty sure its because of signal though!

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#3) Old

Default 08-03-2009, 07:39 AM

Great thanks for the help I can't wait to get the Mini 10 and can see this becoming my main machine for work going forward as I spen so much time on the road.

« New as well. | Ubuntu USB install for mini-9 »