Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old

Default Re: Got my new Mini with Ubuntu... abysmally slow and unstable! - 11-29-2008, 05:26 PM

Great, Dracc!

As for drivers, I did slipstream in the XP ones for everything. On first boot, though, the resolution was stretched 800x600. During one of the update cycles it must have found a new video driver 'cause it was fine when it rebooted after updates. I am also using the M12 Synaptic driver so the scroll works. And I don't have blue tooth, so can't speak to that.

For what it's worth, my current video driver is 7.14.10.1437 from 2/11/08.

It'll be good to get all this info in one place. thanks for doing the tutorial.

Jeff

Mini 9 | Black | 32GB RunCore SSD | 2GB RAM | .3MP cam
Windows 7 Home Premium
  (#12) Old

Default Re: Got my new Mini with Ubuntu... abysmally slow and unstable! - 11-29-2008, 11:10 PM

Thanks for the info. I didn't autoupdate(I left autoupdate in my install, but turned it off in tweaks, this way I can choose what to install and when... it is a power user thing.) That is why I had to install the video drivers myself.

« How to run Dell diagnostics from a USB stick | Mini 9 connection to Vista / Norton network »