Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Having trouble installing any OS - 07-25-2009, 09:26 PM

So I was having a lot of trouble getting the wireless to work on my Dell Ubuntu distro. I figured I'd just make a live USB and try a couple different OSes to see what I liked the when I tried GOS my wireless worked so I quickly pressed install...long story short it got stuck in an infinite memory check loop when I rebooted and everytime that I rebooted after that.

Now I've tried making Live USBs of Mint and Ubuntu 9.04 Netbook Remix. I get to the screen where I can choose to install, try it out, or those other 3 or so options. I select to try it out and it gets to this black screen saying to please wait, at first I took it seriously and actually waited...nothing happened.

I used Unetbootin (I think that's what it's called, not at that computer at the moment) to make the Live USBs tried it with both XP Pro SP3 and Kubuntu 9.04. I also installed the Create Live USB program on Kubuntu but it can only see .ISO and the download of Netbook Remix is a img file.

What am I to do?
  (#2) Old
Retired Mini user

Default 07-25-2009, 09:38 PM

What model Mini?

Did you leave the Dell diagnostics partition on the drive?

Did you do *any* upgrades or hardware mods?

Getting an iPad
  (#3) Old

Default 07-25-2009, 10:07 PM

Sorry about that...Mini 9, I only saw one partition...I was actually surprised because I've always heard that computers from distributors had 2 partitions right out of the box, and the only upgrade I did was a 2 gig RAM upgrade.
  (#4) Old

Default 07-27-2009, 11:10 PM

TTT Happy Monday.

« just got a 15% coupon in email from dell direct.. | just joined »