Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default DellEFIBootMaker question - 07-18-2009, 12:57 AM

Hello all,

I have successfully gotten my Mac OS X (retail) disc onto my 8GB flash drive via my Mac Mini running Tiger (no, not Leopard ) and I downloaded DellEFIBootMaker 0.3.3 because my Dell Mini 10v has 2GB of RAM.

Well I can't figure out how to run the program... I don't know if it only works on Leopard machines, or if its a command line app or something, but I'm confused. I'm very knowledgeable when it comes to doing this and I feel really dumb that I cannot even launch this app.

Anyone care to explain or provide extra details to why I cannot figure out how to run this app?
  (#2) Old

Default 07-18-2009, 05:35 AM

I found a "How To" video on YouTube demonstrating how to install OSX on a Dell Mini-9 using DellEFIBootMaker.

Perhaps you will find it helpful.

Here's the link to the video:
  (#3) Old

Default 07-18-2009, 01:18 PM

I seen that video many times, but it doesn't show you how to use the program on the Mac... I know how to do everything once I get my USB drive ready, but my problem is that I cannot figure out how to run the application.
  (#4) Old

Default 07-25-2009, 10:32 AM

Are you following this guide: Guide Method 1 - Single USB Drive (Mac-only) | DellEFI | mechdrew ? Have a look at the resources Downloads | DellEFI | mechdrew. I didn't use this method myself but many people have. I think you put the bootmaker app on the usb drive. If you have named the partition on the usb drive OSXDVD, simply double clicking on the DellEFIBootmaker app will allow it to find the partition and off you go... boot from the usb on the dell and follow the instructions. You'll need DellEFI 1.2a5 as well to make the Dell bootable after installation, so that ought to be on your usb drive too. Good luck.

Mini 9| 2Gb RAM | 32Gb Kingspec | OS X 10.6.8 | 16Gb SDHC | webcam | BT | Wifi | NBI 0.8.4
MacBook Pro (Late 2007) | OSX 10.10.4

« Ordered Mini 10 | Hello! »