Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

(#1) Old

Arrow Netbook options - 07-14-2009, 07:56 PM

When I first started looking at a new computer, I was fixed on buying a 10v, and switching it to OSX, now I'm not so sure.
The changer for me was that I found a family member with an adobe master collection copy, and he's willing to give it to me. I called adobe, and they said that they were not willing to switch the authenticator of one of the 2 copies to mac, it was either all or none.
So now that I think that I am going to stick with windows it opens the variety of choices up alot. I know that this is mydellmini.com, but all suggestions are welcome.
Thanks
  (#2) Old

Default 07-16-2009, 02:11 PM

I've supported Dimensions, Optiplexes, Inspiron laptops and desktops, Minis, Studio laptops and desktops, XPS laptops and desktops, Latitudes, Vostro laptops and desktops, the occasional Precision laptop here and there, and that whacky awesome little Studio Hybrid thing. I bought a Vostro A90 as a toy (and it's a wonderful little toy!). I bought a Latitude as a computer.

To me, anything under 11" is a toy, anything over 15.4" is a portable desktop. In between, there's laptops.

Which you should get depends what you want it to do. I find a 13-14" laptop to be computing's sweet spot, no compromises from miniaturization nor excesses because it's big enough that it can be done.

Unix fanatic
Vostro A90, 16GB SSD, 2GB DDR2, US-INTL Keyboard, FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE
Latitude E6400N, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 320GB, Opensolaris 2009.06 updated to build 118
Dell Tech Support agent

« Mini 9 & Mini 10 chargers | Hello! »