Originally Posted by tchariya
a Good handful of people over at the notebook review site are having quality control issues with their new m11x...
Are you having these issues too?
1) screen lcd cover warped in the corner?
2) cooling fan running wild?
3) fn key to turn off charging? (known bug?)
4) warped keyboard?
5) OS issues...
Some of what is being reported is a bit scary. I might have to wait for R2/R3 of this product.
1) Yes - though somewhat minor warping. Pushed the screen back in and it appears to be ok now.
2) Sorta - depends on what mode you're running and appears to be related to switching between the IGP/NVidia. In either case, if you put the unit to sleep/reboot - the fan goes back to normal.
3) Known issue - potentially a BIOS fix, though no confirmation yet.
5) None experienced yet - what issues are you referring to?
With regards to the warping, as noted, I've pushed it back in and it appears to be ok now. However, Dell has offered to replace my unit for this issue alone (which is currently in process). They also will be capturing my unit specifically to take a detailed look at it as well to determine the root cause of the screen issue and fan throttling.
It should be noted that, while there are reported issues with the M11x - overall it's a great machine. Yes - there's a lot of discussion / concern, however, depending on your view - it's either minor and can be fixed - or a major problem issue. PC's have issues, period. Especially brand new PC's of this nature that essentially are creating a new niche in the market and pushing the envelope with regards to performance/form factor. That being said - IMHO it's a great laptop - with some minor annoyances/issues that Dell/AW is actively pursuing to rectify. I've dealt with worse issues in the past with dreadful customer service. In this case, Dell's support has been exemplary.
Should you wait? - Possibly, depending on your patience with regards to a first revision of a brand new product on the market. You may end up with a unit with no issues at all - or you may end up with a lemon. To me, it's the same chance as with any other product you purchase. However, if you continue to wait until all issues with a given product are resolved - you'll never actually buy that product...