3G Mobile Broadband Discussion Discussion on 3G Mobile Broadband Packages

(#1) Old
Question WWAN Radio not on by default - 05-22-2009, 09:44 AM

I got my mini 9 from Vodafone here in Australia, and with the help of very informative posts on these forums have managed to install 2gb RAM and activate the GPS module using alternative drivers and the Dell / Ericsson Wireless Manager (5.2.1045.43) under XP.

My issue is that the wireless radio doesn't turn itself on with XP. In addition the big bold 'Connect' button in Wireless Manager doesn't connect me to VF (I get a timeout). Which means in order to connect to 3G I have to run the connection manager just to turn on the radio, then use XP's Network Connections to "dial up" to Vodafone. Once the radio is on, the Ericsson Wireless Manager is obsolete and I can close the program. In fact, I don't even need to leave it open to dial up, however if I close the book and hibernate the device turns itself off again and I have to run Wireless Manager to get it back on.

It's not necessarily a problem as it is a strange quirk. I'd like to resolve it ideally by having the radio default to on in XP or at least getting the Ericsson software to connect on its own and actually manage the connection.

Any advice would be appreciated.
  (#2) Old
Default 06-02-2009, 11:53 AM

I would like to know how to make radio always on too.
  (#3) Old
Default 06-02-2009, 11:28 PM

I received timeouts when using the wireless manager in XP to connect to Vodaphone, check to see that the modem is not disabled in your Network connections.

I also had a lot of problems with the Vodafone Mobile Connect software when I updated it to 9.3.8 from 9.3.3.

In the end it all works fine, though I ditched Xp and put win7 on.

« How do i configure Mini 9 for mobile broadband? | Mini 10v - AT&T 5530 »