3G Mobile Broadband Discussion Discussion on 3G Mobile Broadband Packages

(#1) Old
Default Bad miscaculation............. - 05-05-2009, 07:08 AM

Well I have just done what I laughed at when I saw other idiots doing on the news, - miscalculated data roaming costs.

After reading the terms and conditions etc thought it all looked OK and suspected I would be up for around $100 odd dollars for checking my emails whist in NZ - boy was I wrong...................................... (stuffed up the 1c per Kb which is listed on their site moved the decimal point)

150meg of data has cost be $1,500 - yep that's $10 - per meg, be warned - don't know how I'm going to pay this but have no one to blame other than myself for not doing the calculation correctly.
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Bad miscaculation............. - 05-05-2009, 07:59 AM

you seem to be located in australia and i'm not a lawyer, but those charges seem excessive/unreasonable/unfair business practice/usurious/etc... if you were in the US, you could probably sue in a small-claims court or the mere threat might get you a huge discount of the total bill.

when i travel (mainly to the philippines), i use prepaid for local cell phone sim and in the last year, they introduced prepaid wireless broadband at about 40 US cents/hour. gotta buy the usb broadband modem, but it's a one time expense of $50. it would be nice if this concept spread to all the countries and for about the same rate

my notebook: dell inspiron 11z - 11.6" display | intel core i3 330um | 6gb ddr3 ram | 80gb Intel ssd | Linux Mint 12 OS - Cinnamon 1.4 [Virtual Machine - WinXP SP3]

« PAYG Vodafone UK not working | WWAN Card Slot Pictures »