3G Mobile Broadband Discussion Discussion on 3G Mobile Broadband Packages

(#1) Old

Default Adding HSDPA Mini PCIe Card to UK model - 11-03-2008, 12:55 PM

Hi,

I am from the UK and have a quick question.

I have been thinking of getting a Dell Mini 9 and have a question regarding adding a HSDPA card to get internet access while on the move as I have a spare Dell 5505 and 5520 HSDPA card's. I have had a read through the online manual which suggests that all the electronics are available to plug my existing card but on some forum posts I have seen they suggest that the UK model bought direct from Dell doesn't have the header to plug the add on card into.

Can anybody else from teh UK who has a Ddell Mini 9 bought from Dell (Not Vodafone) if the WWAN connectors are there or not.

regards,
JohnDoe.
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Adding HSDPA Mini PCIe Card to UK model - 11-06-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe
Hi,

I am from the UK and have a quick question.

I have been thinking of getting a Dell Mini 9 and have a question regarding adding a HSDPA card to get internet access while on the move as I have a spare Dell 5505 and 5520 HSDPA card's. I have had a read through the online manual which suggests that all the electronics are available to plug my existing card but on some forum posts I have seen they suggest that the UK model bought direct from Dell doesn't have the header to plug the add on card into.

Can anybody else from teh UK who has a Ddell Mini 9 bought from Dell (Not Vodafone) if the WWAN connectors are there or not.

regards,
JohnDoe.
Hi John, I have the UK version of the Mini 9 and I am sorry to say but the UK version of the Mini 9 is the same as the US version where the WWAN mini pcie space does not have the connector soldered in. Took my mini apart earlier to have a look around and there is also no sim card slot (well the slot is there under the battery but nothing there the other side.

Any other info needed just ask,
Ed O'Brien

« Vodafone drivers on built in card - wont work with fresh ins | Dissapointed with Vodafones Customer Service »