3G Mobile Broadband Discussion Discussion on 3G Mobile Broadband Packages

(#1) Old

Default SIM card not detected? - 01-18-2009, 02:45 PM

Hi all, after much installing and re-installing of drivers, I have finally got the GPS working on my Mini9, however I am having a strange problem, my Mini9 will only recognise certain SIM cards. I have re-installed XP from scratch, however I have installed/un-installed the drivers from Dell then installed/un-installed CarolinaJones's drivers (Thanks for those CarolinaJone's!) multiple times whilst trying to get the GPS working.

I am also using the Dell (Ericsson) wireless connection manager. With the SIM cards that don't work I get a 'No SIM card' error. I have tried the following SIM cards:

Vodafone SIM card from my Blackberry Storm - Not detected (works fine in my Storm!)
O2 SIM card from an IPhone - Not detected (works fine in the IPhone!)
Orange PAYG SIM - Not detected
Lebara PAYG SIM - Works! (Lebara is a UK long distance operator that uses one of thr big mobile phone providers network)
O2 PAYG SIM - Works, but 'cause its such an old card (I received a pack of 4 in the post about a year ago) it won't register on the network same as what it does when insterted into a phone

It is not an intermittent problem the Lebara and O2 PAYG cards always work and the other 3 just don't. I haven't tried doing a fresh XP install yet, but that's the next thing I'll be doing.

Anybody had a similar problem?

Oh and a quick tip, the GPS will not work unless the modem detects a SIM card in the slot (it does not have to be active as long as the modem can detect it)
  (#2) Old

Default Re: SIM card not detected? - 01-20-2009, 12:10 AM

Right I have reloaded everything, OS, the works, I also extracted the 5530 drivers from the latest EXE download from DELL, and used that to manually add each of the drivers (a la CarolinaJones method) Still not working, have put a message on the Vodafone forum, hopefully I will get a response, otherwise looks like the Mini 9 could be going back!

« Vodafone's content transformation / image optimization | Enabling WWAN »