3G Mobile Broadband Discussion Discussion on 3G Mobile Broadband Packages

(#1) Old
Send a message via AIM to killstr3ak
Default So since my Mini has a Sprint broadband card installed... - 12-27-2010, 01:11 AM

According to their website... if you add a broadband card to your Mini, it will include a GPS.

My question is.... although I have the Sprint broadband included, I'm not going to activate it and pay the monthly service for it (I have Sprint cell service...and I have the Samsung Epic 4g phone that's rooted, thus allowing me to tether via WiFi for free, so I have no use for the Broadband card in the computer) but if I don't activate it...am I still able to use the GPS function with it?

Is there something specifically on the computer that I'll need to do to turn the GPS on? And.... what services/programs would I need to actually take advantage of having the GPS (Assuming that it'll work without the Sprint Broadband being activated).

Would it essentially only really be useful for like Google Maps or Google Navigation?
  (#2) Old
Default 01-23-2011, 01:27 PM

Any luck getting the GPS to work without Sprint service? I want to use it with MS Streets & Trips on my 11z.

11z i3 8g DDR3

« 3G issues | Mini 9 OSX10.6 and 3G internal modem »