3G Mobile Broadband Discussion Discussion on 3G Mobile Broadband Packages

(#11) Old

Default Re: 5gig limit ? - 12-30-2008, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Some-what Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital
I have had pretty much every Wireless Carrier, The best one of all is the AT&T one I have now, there are times I have actually gotten 2 MEG down!! I do a lot of movie watching and gaming and download myself so I usually go over the 5 gig cap.
:?: And you havent seen any slowdown or shut-off's as described above? I say your lucky 8-)
Everything has been working great, still getting fairly good speeds, I did once have problems to where the connection dropped but that only happened to me once and not had any problems since then.
  (#12) Old

Send a message via AIM to VinnyQH
Default Re: 5gig limit ? - 01-20-2009, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Some-what Evil
I havent done any searches yet (just got home) but is Vodafone planning to come to the states?
Vodafone is in the US. It owns half of verizon wireless......

the 5 gigs from verizon wireless is just a limit. you can go over, just 25 cents a meg after that. haha. i'd imagine though that most people have a main pc at the house and will download large content that way and then transfer it to the mini.
  (#13) Old

Default Re: 5gig limit ? - 01-20-2009, 01:47 PM

I have the Verizon 727 air card and just love it. I run it from a CTR500 cradlepoint router at home so all my computers are wireless connected. I have never gone over 3gigs much less 5 and I download a lot of games and etc. I think most of the ones that go over the 5gig limit are downloading movies and running businesses. As far as which carrier is the best, this is determined as to what area you are in. I had an AT&T cell phone and could never use it inside my home. Verizon has the best coverage in my area and I get great speeds and have had no problems at all. I live in the boonies so my only other option was dialup which I used to have. I am so happy I switched. Just my 2 cents.

« Enabling WWAN | clearwire wimax »