3G Mobile Broadband Discussion Discussion on 3G Mobile Broadband Packages

(#1) Old

Default Dell Wireless Manager v. ATT Communication Manager - 12-16-2008, 11:17 PM

Just activated my ATT WWAN today (yippie!) So having used the ATT connection manager before, it's super handy when you visit starbucks, McDonalds, and Barnes and Nobie so you don't have to authenticate to switch over to the wifi. Plus, if you travel internationally, it allows you to roam onto supporting wifi networks. So...

Just spent a few minutes seeing if I could get it to work. First, the Dell Wireless Manager works perfectly (ok, you've figured out I'm using xp) and it enables and disables the radio very nicely (to save the battery, of course). The ATT doesn't even find the build in card because the radio isn't enabled.

Anybody use the ATT Communcations Manager? What did you do to get it to work?

Thanks -jas
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Dell Wireless Manager v. ATT Communication Manager - 12-16-2008, 11:38 PM

Oh, if you try to download the Dell Wireless LAN application driver, you automatically get the vodafone software, you have to choose other drivers to get the Ericsson "Dell Wireless Manager". I'm finding dell's website suxs for drivers.

« If I purchased Mini 9 befoer AT& Option... | any at&t customers had success with ubuntu? »