3G Mobile Broadband Discussion Discussion on 3G Mobile Broadband Packages

(#1) Old
Default What software? - 09-27-2009, 09:38 AM

OK, I have a Dell mini 10v up and running with a 5530 3G modem in.

The machine came installed with the Vodafone Mobile Connect software but I have also downloaded the Sony Wireless Manager and Dell ControlPoint software. All seem to be different but do the same job....

Any thoughts on which is the best?
  (#2) Old
Default 09-29-2009, 01:37 AM

Well I used to use the dell control point software with Vodafone until they changed something and was forced back to Vodafones. I find Vodafones just stops working it stays connected but the download ceases.

Also tried Sonys which is build from the same dell control point based on the look and feel and have found they both just time out. Can't figure out why.

So now I connect the first time using the vodafone software - then disconnect and connect using just a ras connection. Seems to be the most reliable - am based in Aus so may not be the case in other countries but it seems here Vodafone keep changing their configuration. U have to connect the first time using Vodafones software or the ras connection will not connect - am using it right now so it does work it dials **99***1# - god only knows why the Vodafone software disconnects but it is a right pain. will be swapping to another carrier in 15 months when the contract expires find this problem only is with Vodafone.

« GPS can this be A-GPS??? | OS X Comviq.se in Sweden »