3G Mobile Broadband Discussion Discussion on 3G Mobile Broadband Packages

(#11) Old

Default Re: Can I replace the Wireless card with a WWAN Card - 12-28-2008, 03:15 AM

I removed the WIFI card and replaced it with my Sprint U720 card that I took out of my OQO. It installs perfectly and the system recognizes it, but I can't get a signal at all. I guess the WIFI antenna isn't compatible. I'm debating on returning the Mini and ordering a new one with the AT&T card built-in and then swap out the cards.
  (#12) Old

Default Re: Can I replace the Wireless card with a WWAN Card - 12-28-2008, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacornel
I removed the WIFI card and replaced it with my Sprint U720 card that I took out of my OQO. It installs perfectly and the system recognizes it, but I can't get a signal at all. I guess the WIFI antenna isn't compatible. I'm debating on returning the Mini and ordering a new one with the AT&T card built-in and then swap out the cards.
I have the same problem. The wifi antenna doesn't work on my WWAN card. Can't find a lousy antenna anywhere !

« Biggest Mistake Dell Made w/910 & A90 | Bringing a Vodafone mini 9 to the US »